Drug Name Search
By Therapeutic Class
- ANTI-ADDICTION/SUBSTANCE ABUSE TREATMENT AGENTS
- ANTI-INFECTIVES (SKIN AND MUCOUS MEMBRANE)
- ANTIANXIETY AGENTS
- ANTICANCER AGENTS
- ANTICHOLINERGIC AGENTS
- ANTIDEMENTIA AGENTS
- ANTIDIABETIC AGENTS
- ANTIGOUT AGENTS
- ANTIMIGRAINE AGENTS
- ANTINAUSEA AGENTS
- ANTIPARASITE AGENTS
- ANTIPARKINSONIAN AGENTS
- ANTIPSYCHOTIC AGENTS
- ANTIVIRALS (SYSTEMIC)
- BLOOD PRODUCTS/MODIFIERS/VOLUME EXPANDERS
- CALORIC AGENTS
- CARDIOVASCULAR AGENTS
- CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM AGENTS
- DENTAL AND ORAL AGENTS
- DERMATOLOGICAL AGENTS
- ENZYME REPLACEMENT/MODIFIERS
- EYE, EAR, NOSE, THROAT AGENTS
- GASTROINTESTINAL AGENTS
- GENITOURINARY AGENTS
- HEAVY METAL ANTAGONISTS
- HORMONAL AGENTS, STIMULANT/REPLACEMENT/MODIFYING
- IMMUNOLOGICAL AGENTS
- INFLAMMATORY BOWEL DISEASE AGENTS
- IRRIGATING SOLUTIONS
- METABOLIC BONE DISEASE AGENTS
- MISCELLANEOUS THERAPEUTIC AGENTS
- OPHTHALMIC AGENTS
- REPLACEMENT PREPARATIONS
- RESPIRATORY TRACT AGENTS
- SKELETAL MUSCLE RELAXANTS
- SLEEP DISORDER AGENTS
- VASODILATING AGENTS
- VITAMINS AND MINERALS
2021 Medicare HealthPartners Formulary II
We cover both brand name drugs and generic drugs. Generic drugs have the same active-ingredient formula as a brand name drug. Generic drugs usually cost less than brand name drugs and are rated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to be as safe and effective as brand name drugs.
What is a Formulary?
A formulary is a list of drugs that are covered by an insurance plan. These drugs represent the prescription therapies believed to be a necessary part of a quality treatment program. We will generally cover the drugs listed in our formulary as long as the drug is medically necessary, the prescription is filled at a network pharmacy, and other plan rules are followed. For more information on how to fill your prescriptions, please review your Evidence of Coverage.
Print the 2021 Medicare drug lists
The following files require Adobe Acrobat. Download Adobe Acrobat
- 2021 Formulary II Drug List (PDF)
- Prior Authorization criteria (PDF)
- Step Therapy criteria (PDF)
- Formulary Change Notice (PDF)
- Search by typing the first part of the generic (chemical) and brand (trade) names.
- Search by selecting the therapeutic class of the medication you are looking for. Products matching the search terms will display. Drugs that are on the List of Covered Drugs (Formulary) will display with tier status and limits and restrictions such as Prior Authorization, Quantity Limits, or Step Therapy requirements. Drugs that are not included on the List of Covered Drugs will display as “NF” (not on the formulary).
How to Search For Drugs?
How to Request an ExceptionIf your drug is not on our formulary, you can request a coverage decision or exception by completing the Coverage Determination Form.
Please see the Drug Management Programs section of the Evidence of Coverage for information about our quality assurance policies and procedures, including Medication Therapy Management and drug utilization.